- Chop up figs to uniform pieces and set aside
- In a large fry pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil, heat until glistening, and then add the onion and garlic. Cook at a medium heat, taking care not to burn.
- Add diced figs and apples to the mixture, stirring to coat the mixture and then deglaze the pan with the apple juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Cook down the mixture adding water if necessary, to hydrate the figs and cook down the apples.
- Once the apples are cooked, add most of the Balsamic vinegar, you can always add more to taste.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and any spices that you want like cinnamon and ground ginger.
Allow to cool and place in a jar, mixture should be good for about 2 weeks in the fridge. Serve with Duck burgers.
Spice, sweetness, and a great acidity; it has it all. Perfect pairing condiment for a Duck Burger.